A couple of weeks back at the IAB Mexico annual conference, I had the chance to hear Peter Horan, CEO of Goodmail Systems, speak about new business models in our era of “me media” as opposed to mass media. Today, consumers are their own editors and don’t place the big media brands on pedestals the way they used to. The new business models had no equivalent in the analog era, which include:
1. Shopping + Community + Advertising
2. News + Maps + User Generated Content
3. Shopping + Content + User Generated Content (e.g. Pronto.com, IAC’s comparison shopping engine)
4. Reviews + Commerce + Mobile
5. User Generated Content + Community + Advertising
6. Email + Video
FYI – My previous post about the IAB Mexico conference is here.